Saturday, October 30, 2010

Yesterday

Playful banter seem to be so golden when your words are so labouriously produced with the elusive mix of time, mood, creativity, well behaved body movement and peaceful environment. I feel that though everybody walks a different path sometimes we are doomed to a life of restriction and limits.

The trick is you must not let the problems slay your hope for something better. Yes its much too easy to get jealous of others who seem to get everything they want, but I need to remember that I am already abundantly blessed. I can't be a chatterbox or an engaging being with witty lines and fun-to-make-faces-with-type guy, But I can open your eyes to a rare perspective into life and challenge your views on what you define as disability.

I am honoured to know that I am not alone in my journey with bothersome body, painfully slow typing and uphill battle to achieve my dreams. One such person who paved the way of hope was Anne Macdonald. You were such an inspiration to so many. Many of us hope we are able to continue your legacy and be a beacon of hope to others who haven't found their voices yet.

So yesterday saw the end of a journey valiantly undertaken. Today we will continue ours with the same kind of courage and tenacity. So tomorrow a new generation of people who use facilitated communication can persevere and continue the revolution.

Yes yes and yes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Josh, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your presentation at the OT statewide meeting a couple of weeks ago. It takes a lot of guts to talk to a room full of women! I loved your song choice too, it is one of my favourites at the moment. Anyway, have a good weekend and I look forward to reading more of your blog! Bec

    ReplyDelete