Saturday, September 26, 2009

Peter the Great

Peter the Great
By the Bold One-Eyed Pirate

There once was a boy called Peter. He was very shy. He found it hard to make friends because of his painfully shy nature. He was so sad that he didn’t have many friends. He felt alone and painfully unhappy. It was so bad being alone. He wished that he could disappear. The days passed and he felt as if he could die. All he did all day was sleep, eat, walk around and produce stories. But it was no fun producing stories for no one.

One day he was walking down the street and he found a note. He was curious and picked it up from the ground. He was so scared when he read it. It said:

“I know you are very lonely. I know you write great stories but no one gets to read them. I think you should know that you are not alone. I know many people who are like you. Maybe you should find them. The end of message.”

Peter thought “Probably that was a trick. How could anyone produce a note like that?” It was crazy. The chances of him picking up such a note was so slim. It was incredible. I couldn’t believe it.

I went home feeling very happy. But I was caught in a dilemma. How could I possibly find someone like me? I was so shy that I couldn’t even say hi to the old lady next to the fence. How can I be that brave? I was afraid that people would think I’m weird. It would be terrifying. But that note, whoever wrote it, made me think. What if I don’t need to be alone? What if someone could read my stories and I could read theirs? It sounded too good to be true!

I thought to myself, “What have I got to lose? Better to have tried than to be miserable for the rest of my life.” So I did.

But not yet.

It took something else to happen first. And that something involved his sister. She had no idea that Peter was so bright. She never made him feel dumb though. She just never knew. It took ages before she found out. And how did she do that? By someone giving her a note too.

It said, “Just wanted you to know that your brother is very smart and very lonely. You need to help him. It will be tricky and hard but you are the perfect person for the job. It will be great! Just trust me. The end of message.’’

How did she get the note? I hear you say. I’m not sure really. That’s her story not mine. But back to the story. When she got the note, she was very puzzled. She didn’t know who sent the note.

I think we should fast forward past the nitty gritty stuff. Despite much hardship and disappointment, Peter achieved his dreams. He found his voice and it was through facilitated communication. It just involved a simple keyboard. It just had letters, ‘yes’ ‘no’, ‘I don’t know’ and even a sticker with an exclamation mark. It even has a smiley face for when he is being cheeky and is telling jokes.

The possibilities are endless! All it took was a simple keyboard, a kind sister and hard work for Peter to become truly great. He also met other people just like him, but that’s another story…

6 comments:

  1. Hi hi!

    a nice sweet story =D simple and happy

    can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done joshiee!!
    I'm really proud of you,
    i hope that you can keep up the good work, Write a lot of good stories for everyone to enjoy. =]

    Take care lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Josh!

    A very cute story! I loved reading it hehe, can't wait for the other stories!

    'What have I got to lose? Better to have tried than to be miserable for the rest of my life', very wise words Josh :-) Very proud of you, and I am sure Mash is too.

    Take care, and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone!

    Thank you so much for commenting on my story! I feel very encouraged and grateful for your kind words. I will keep posting stories when Mia has more time.

    Thanks once again - you guys are the best!

    From Josh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it up Josh

    You are becoming increasingly wise and thoughtful, I am glad that you have also found a medium to speak through

    I hope that Cameron can find a way soon too

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pirate, nice story.... makes me wonder "who" did write that note??

    ReplyDelete